Oh what a weekend with Duke! The story begins Friday night, just as Keet and I were heading to bed. Of course, we stayed up later than we probably should have since Cole is not very consistent with sleeping though the night, so it was about 10:15. Keet had let Duke out in the backyard for him to take care of his necessities before going to bed. I was up in Cole's room making sure he was Ok when all of a sudden I get a strong whiff of something horrible - skunk! I yelled down to Keet downstairs that there was a skunk out back and he went to check on Duke. I proceeded to get into bed and wait for Keet and Duke to come upstairs. Keet came up and stood next to my side of the bed and said, "Hillary" and I smelled the most horrible smell - skunk! Duke had been sprayed and was outside in the back.
To make a long story short - Keet was up another couple of hours waiting to wash Duke with some hydrogen peroxide concoction. Unfortunately, Duke still smelled the next day and I gave him three baths while Keet was gone working. He still smelled! So last night Keet gave him a bath with tomato juice. I haven't smelled him today, but I think he still has the "wonderful" smell of skunk on his neck - which is now pink from the tomato juice. Ahhhh, the wonders of a dog!

You can kind of see the pink on his neck in this picture.

Here are a couple of pictures with Cole lifting his head high!
1 comment:
How Adorable!!! Poor Doggy though!
Post a Comment