Thursday, June 18, 2009

Visit to Indy

Last Thursday, Cole, Parker and I traveled to Indianapolis to visit family. Keet left on Friday to go to New Orleans with the youth group for a mission trip. He won't return until this Sunday. We got back to Nebraska yesterday. The trip overall was good, but it was tiring without Keet. Thankfully, I had a lot of help from my mom, who we stayed with. Unfortunately, Cole was sick for 4 days with a fever. This was officially the first time he had ever been sick. He has had colds, but never a fever or the flu or anything like that. He was not a happy camper at all and it made the first few days of our visit not as enjoyable. Oh well - we still had a good time visiting with family and friends.

Both boys did really well on the airplane. I think the hardest part was getting through the airport and onto the airplane. Thankfully, Keet and my mom were able to get guess passes to help me to the gate each time. I don't think I could have gotten through security without them. Cole seemed to understand a little that we were up in the air. Going to Indy, he didn't feel well so he really didn't like it. But on the way back, he looked out the window and did very well for a two-year old. I have to say that I really have no desire to travel again by myself, but it probably isn't out of the realm of possibility.


Trying to get all four grand kids together for a pic- Cole did not want to cooperate. Big surprise!

Parker and Adeline.

Cole giving great grandma Arthur a hug.

My brother and I, and Parker.

My brother's girlfriend, Michelle. She and Cole became good buddies.

Parker with great grandpa Redden.

Cousin Adeline - born 6 days before Parker.

The boys playing together - kind of.













This is what happens when a two- year old uses your couch as a parking lot. Thanks, mom!

Great-grandpa Arthur with Parker.

No comments: