

A couple of weeks ago Cole turned 2.5 years old! In six months he will be three, which I just can't believe. Actually, I can believe it because of how he seems so grown up these days. You always hear parents talking about how their toddlers say the funniest things. Well, until you experience it yourself, you just don't understand. For instance, last night I was on the phone with someone while Cole and I were eating dinner. This is the conversation we had after I hung up:
Cole- "What's that?"
Me- "What what?" (thinking he was talking about his food.)
Cole- "On the phone. Was that G-ma?" (our nickname for my mom.)
Me- "No. It was Heather, Brenden's mommy."
Cole- "Oh. Brendan's mommy. That's cool."
The way he said 'that's cool' was so matter-of-fact that I just could not keep from laughing. He is constantly saying these little phrases all the time like it is no big deal.
Next Sunday, our church will have their annual Christmas program. This will be Cole's first time participating. Keet and I can't really believe we are to this point in our parenting lives; wasn't he just a 18-month old last year? It will be very interesting to see if Cole actually sings or just looks at everyone. I'm not expecting much, but I will be working with him this week on "Away in a Manger" in hopes that he might actually try and sing while up there.
One area in Cole's life that is not progressing much is potty training. He has absolutely NO interest in the matter. I think I am going to make a real effort in January after our Holiday travels though to see if we can do anything about it. I would really like to just have one in diapers soon!
1 comment:
Good Luck with the potty training. One thing that seems to be working for my brother is they have a potty chair that he used to sit in before he could ever begin potty training...all he had to learn do was to learn to sit with pants down on it-haha...
Post a Comment