Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving

My computer crashed a couple of weeks ago, and we just got our new one last week, so I haven't been able to put anything up recently. Keet's parents came and visited for Thanksgiving, which was really nice to be able to celebrate with family. It was my first time cooking a turkey, and Margie's first time as well! It turned out great, which was a relief. My birthday was last Wednesday, so Keet I were able to go out on a date. Keet took me out to dinner and then we saw a movie, which we don't get to do very much. It was nice to have the evening to ourselves. We figured out that we have now been together for 14 years!

Thanksgiving evening we decorated the Christmas tree. I decided to get the boys each an ornament to put on. Parker really didn't care too much, but Cole was totally into decorating this year! He was so cute, asking if this or that place was good a good place for an ornament. He then wanted to help me with the rest of the Christmas decorations. I think some of the novelty has worn off for him now, but it was fun to see him so excited about it all.

After Christmas last year I bought a gingerbread house kit; we had fun decorating it on Saturday. And we enjoyed some of the leftover candy. You don't really want to think about what they put in candy to make it last when it still tastes good a year later! :)

The pictures are a bit out of order below...you could start at the bottom and scroll up.







By the end, Parker had stuffed as much candy as he could into his little mouth.

The finished product.


Decorating the gingerbread house.



Putting on their new ornaments.




Opening their first gifts of the season!



Enjoying some cranberry salad. I found this recipe in a magazine and have to say it's probably the only cranberry salad I have had that I have really liked!


My boys are not big meat eaters, but we did manage to get Cole to eat several bites of turkey.


Our feast!


Ready to eat!


My boys and I on my birthday!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Looks like fun! Glad you all had a good time!