Sunday, October 23, 2011

Parker



e






My little Parker is 2 1/2 years old. I know half birthdays aren't usually a big milestone, but I thought I would devote a little time to my funny little guy.

Parker in a nutshell is a complete character! I'm not sure where it came from, but he makes everyone around him laugh, a lot. He says the funniest little things and he has a way of moving his little body around that is hilarious. He's not always this way but is quite a bit. :)

Here are some little tidbits about Parker these days:

  • He is pretty much done taking naps. I still lay him down every day, and once in a while he might fall asleep, but for the most part, he does not sleep anymore. Overall, he does OK without a nap, but there are the occasional evenings when you know he needed to sleep.
  • Parker is still a pretty skinny guy. I don't know how I am going to find pants that fit him in the future, but I figure there are other skinny guys out there so I should be able to find something. He can still easily fit into 18 month jeans, but does wear 24 month and 2t as well, but most of them are too big around the waist. I'm not sure what he will wear once he is potty trained and doesn't have his diaper.
  • Related to that, Parker is definitely a better eater than he was 6 months ago, but still prefers his milk to anything else. I think if he could, he would live on milk. This summer he finally got all of his teeth, which I think affected his appetite positively and he now can down a whole 6 inch sub from Subway!
  • Parker is talking a whole lot more these days and often says very cute and funny things. He has his own way of saying things, like most toddlers, but overall I feel like he talks pretty well.
Parker is our sweet little guy and we love him so much!

1 comment:

Kendra & Tobin Kirk said...

It's interesting to hear what Parker is doing. Wyatt is an entertainer as well-and too smart. We have to really watch what we say because he picks up everything. Wyatt gave up his pacifier a few weeks back and gave up his naps too...that's been more of an adjustment for me (I have lost my 3 hrs of alone time everyday). Are you close to having Parker potty trained? Wyatt has done really well (during the day) for the last 3 weeks and only had about 2 accidents...