Even though summer is over, I have to do a post on our swimming adventures this summer. Our here in the middle of Nebraska, there isn't much to do that is super close by. The nearest "big" town is about 20 miles away. So, even though our town is the size of the last college I worked at (1,200) we have a brand new pool to enjoy! When Keet's parents came and visited this summer they couldn't believe that such a small town had such a nice, new pool. Well, if we didn't, I don't know what we would all do! Especially this summer, as it was so hot and dry for pretty much all of it.
At the beginning of the summer we were debating about swimming lessons for Cole. He turned five in May and we knew that somehow he needed to start learning how to swim. Keet was of the opinion that he didn't need them and we could teach him on our own. I, sort of agreed because I really didn't want to pay for them AND I never took swimming lessons and learned how to swim on a lake in Arkansas jumping off of a dock with my Grandma coaching me.
So, we did not sign up for swimming lessons and both of us, but mainly Keet, were very proactive about teaching Cole to swim at the pool whenever we would go. AND, about halfway through the summer, Cole was going down the slide in the deep end, swimming underwater and looking like a little fish. I have to say, we all thoroughly enjoyed our pool time; I don't think I have been to the pool that much since we lived next to my grandparents who had a pool!
 |
| I think this was one of the first times at the pool - Parker pretty much lived in this swimming life jacket. |
 |
| Annadee did fairly well at the pool - she started crawling half way through so she would start crawling out to the deeper water, but she had fun for the most part. |
 |
| Here Cole is in the deep end after going down the slide. |
 |
| Going off of the diving board. |
No comments:
Post a Comment