Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Birthday Boys

By the end of May, I am all "birthdayed" out. All three men in the family have their birthday in the space of about a month. I could definitely feel the difference in my anticipation and readiness in celebrating Parker's birthday on April 16th and my readiness in celebrating Cole's birthday yesterday, May 21st. Keet's birthday is sandwiched in between only a few days before Cole's. At this point in our marriage, I know that I don't have to make a big deal out of Keet's birthday, which I am thankful for. If I did, I think I would go nuts. But, Keet isn't a fussy guy and to be completely honest, I didn't even get him a gits. He never tells me any thing he wants and I don't want to get him something useless or wrong, so I just didn't get him anything. The boys made him cards; Cole drew him a picture of them bird watching together, something which Keet has started getting Cole into a little bit more.

Parker's big day of turning four years old was a fun day filled with presents in the morning, a couple of friends coming over to play in the afternoon and staying for hotdogs and birthday cake, and then we finished the day with the boys' first soccer game. He played great for his first game! It was so fun to see him get out there and go after the ball and not get to caught up in all the distractions.

Cole's birthday did not start out with presents because we ordered them off of Amazon and you know how SLOW their free shipping is. Fortunately they did make it to our post office in the afternoon so he was able to open them after his cake. Cole also was able to have a couple of friends over to play in the afternoon. We are fortunate that our boys are able to have playmates close and that they all get along well.

I can't believe that Parker is four and Cole is already six! My little boys are growing up so fast. Cole has definitely grown up some in the last year. The temper tantrums are starting to not happen as frequently and he is becoming a responsible little boy. He is such a good big brother, especially with Annadee. He plays with her, gives her piggyback rides all over the house and if she starts crying he tries to find something that will help her out and make her happy.

Parker is definitely one of a kind. It's really interesting because Cole and Annadee are very similar to one another, but Parker is just a different character all together. He loves to be silly and can really talk your ear off if you let him. The one word that defines him most though? JUMP. Seriously, that boy can jump, jump, jump...all day long. In our living room he likes to jump from the couch, to the ottoman, to the love seat and back. And thankfully (note sarcasm here) he has taught Annadee all of this and now this is her favorite pastime.







No comments: