Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Half Year Old


I was cleaning out some of his stuff and came across his newborn hat. I put it on him and this is about as far as it whent. Below is his newborn picture with the same hat.



Cole is really starting to sit up quite well. He still tips over quite a bit, but he isn't as hunched over as he has been.

Tomorrow Cole will be 6 months old! The time has flown by, in some ways, since May 21st. In the early days there was a lot of figuring things out and getting to know our first child, and in the most recent days, there has been a lot of fun times, playing and interacting with Cole on a new level each day.



We went to the doctor today and here are some of Cole's stats: he weighs 15lbs 13 oz (25th percentile), is 26 inches long (40th percentile) and his head is 17 cm (25th percentile). Overall, Cole is on the small side, but that is OK. He gets to wear his clothes more than once and it is kind of nice having a smaller baby because it is easier on the arms.

Cole is officially starting to crawl. He does pretty well going backwards. Renee put him down in one spot yesterday and he was in another spot when she came back! I guess I forgot to tell her how mobile he had become over the weekend. He isn't going forwards too much yet, but I think it won't be too many weeks before he really starts moving.

1 comment:

david, blair, and sadie beth said...

he's grown up so much! Wow...and how funny, Sadie Beth is already 12lbs, 2 oz. I know what you mean about wearing the clothes once...all of a sudden she had outgrown all her 0-3 mos sleepers and I don't have any of the bigger ones ready for her yet! Happy Thanksgiving you guys.