Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Dells

This past Sunday, Monday and Tuesday we went on a mini-vacation to the Wisconsin Dells. Keet's parents came with us and we had a great time! It was nice to get away and have some fun. Cole was such a good boy on the trip being in the car, going to the water park and just being with his grandparents. We stayed at Kalahari, which has the largest indoor water park in the Dells. While we were there we also went to the International Crane Foundation which was really interesting. Unfortunately, we were charging our camera battery so we didn't get any pictures. But I think Cole even enjoyed seeing the big cranes from all over the world.

As far as Cole enjoying the water park, I think tolerating is the word to use. If you know Cole, you know that he NEVER stops moving and he never wants to be held. Well, the first time we walked into the waterpark, you could tell he was completely overwhelmed. By the third time, he was definitely getting used to it, but he never really became himself too much. He never cried or got upset, just kind of clung to mommy. We took him on the lazy river and all he did was cuddle with us (which I kind of liked because he never does that at home). We took him on a few rides, which he didn't seem to mind either until the third time when he knew what was coming and started puckering up at the beginning. I think if he was 6 months older or even a year older, he really would have enjoyed it. BUT, we still had a great time and Cole did very well!



Daddy and Cole posing for the camera.

Trying to get Cole interested in playing in the water.

This is Cole's "I'm tolerating this" look.


Hanging out with Grandpa while we rode some of the rides.

Maybe I will play with the water...

Daddy boogie boarding. He did really well.

All three of us together.

Kind of getting in the water.

I have my float and am ready to go!

On the way home, we stopped at this exit to get gas and they had this petting zoo there. It was actually quite big and had some different animals. Cole seemed somewhat interested in them.







2 comments:

Renee said...

Funny...I would have thought Cole would have dove right in...he loves playing in Lucy's water dish :P

david, blair, and sadie beth said...

We saw this water park on the travel channel not too long ago and thought it looked like tons of fun...glad you all had a good time!