Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Cole!

Today is Cole's First Birthday! The past year has flown by and we have LOVED having Cole in our lives. The first several weeks were a little rough as he was quite fussy, but our time with him has only gotten better and better as he got older and older.
I haven't really talked too much about what he has been doing recently, so I guess I will take this opportunity to share. Cole has now been walking for 2 months and really gets around FAST! When he gets really excited, he kind of "throws" his head back and then throws himself forward to where he almost falls flat on his face. Not sure why he likes to do this, but it is funny.

One of Cole's favorite things to do is carry things around with him. This past weekend he got some new toys for his birthday and one was a truck with a play rake and that is his new favorite thing to carry. Other items can include spatulas, whisks, wooden spoons, or whatever Mommy, Daddy or Renee (his babysitter) give to him.

Cole is not the easiest kid to feed. He tends to be very picky and stubborn at times, which causes Mommy some frustrations when it comes to meal time. He won't touch baby food for anything, but of course doesn't like a lot of different foods. I guess the good thing is that he will eat his oatmeal and bananas every day for breakfast.

We aren't exactly sure how big he is. I took him to the doctor a few weeks ago and he weighed in at 20 lbs, so he could be around 21 now. We will see next week!

We love Cole very much and are looking forward to see what the next year brings. It should be fun - possibly even a move to another state! We will see.

I thought I would commemorate his birthday with a picture from each month so you can see how much he has grown and changed. Enjoy!

Right out of the womb...

A few days old...

1 month old...

2 months old...

3 months old...
4 Months old...

5 Months Old...

6 Months old...

7 Months Old...

8 months old...
9 months old...


10 months old...
11 months old.


Almost a year old...




2 comments:

Renee said...

Happy Birthday Cole!! Wow 1 already :-)

The Pusateri's said...

What a great idea with the pictures from each month!! Happy Birthday Cole!! Didn't it go so, so fast? And what a cute cake- you guys did an awesome job!