Thursday, July 31, 2008

Left-Handed?

Over the past week we have noticed that Cole does A LOT with his left hand. At first, we though maybe he was still using both hands to do everything, but after watching him a little more closely, we see that he definitely has a preference for his left hand. In the above video you can see this.

I guess the funny thing is that neither of us are lefties. No one in our immediate families are lefties, and we don't know too many people who are. I did a quick google search though and found these famous people were left-handed:

Musicians

  • Bach
  • Phil Collins
  • Bill Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins - for Keet because he loves them)
  • Jimi Hendrix
  • many more...

Actors

  • Charlie Chaplin
  • Tom Cruise
  • Robert DeNiro
  • Whoopie Goldberg
  • Cary Grant
  • Anglina Jolie
  • many more...

Ahtletes

  • Larry Bird
  • Jimmy Connors
  • John McEnroe
  • Monica Seles
  • Barry Bonds
  • Ty Cobb
  • Ken Griffey, Jr.
  • Babe Ruth
  • many more...

Presidents

  • Garfield
  • Hoover
  • Truman
  • Ford
  • Reagan
  • H.W. Bush
  • Clinton

Misc.

  • Joan of Arc
  • Alexander the Great
  • Julius Caesar
  • Napoleon
  • David Rockefeller
  • David Letterman
  • Jay Leno
  • many more

So, Cole would be in good company! I guess we will see if our premonitions are correct. If he isn't, this was a waste of time. But, hopefully you found it a little bit interesting.

1 comment:

david, blair, and sadie beth said...

I've always heard good things about lefties! At first we thought Sadie Beth might be, but I think that has passed. Thanks for your comment on my last post - did you notice the dress she was wearing? I LOVE IT. I might try to get her 1 year pictures in it if it still fits. :)