Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What's Been Going On

We have now been here in Nebraska for three weeks. Honestly, it seems like it has been longer than that. I do have to admit that I miss Kenosha - mainly all of our friends and our church. I won't be the same here for quite a while. There have been other adjustments to make - like not having a brand new grocery store 2 blocks from our house. We do have a small grocery store here in town, which has pretty much everything, but the prices out here are SOOO high. I usually drive 20 miles to a Super Walmart to buy most of what we need, but those prices seem high as well. I guess that's what you get for being farther away from everything.

We found out that I was pregnant right before we moved here, so I have been dealing with morning sicking pretty much since we got here. That has not been fun. I don't remember it being this bad with Cole, but I was also working, which I think makes a difference. I will be 8 weeks tomorrow;I am due at the end of April. We are excited about adding another to our family!

Keet has transitioned into his position at the church well. He is responsible for a number of things, but the two min things are teaching the adult Sunday school class on Sunday mornings and leading the Sr. High youth group. He is enjoying everything he is doing and I think learning a lot.

One thing that has been so funny is that we have received so much food the last few weeks. We haven't gotten as much this week, but we have gotten so much home-made bread, and home grown vegetables that I have quite a bit of each frozen in the freezer. I have tomatoes and green peppers in the freezer, but we have also gotten green beans, cucumbers, fresh peaches (the best I have ever tasted), banana bread, blueberry bread, rye bread, home-made wheat bread, zucchini bread - and I think that's it. What a nice welcome from everyone!

Well, here are some pictures - I know that is what most people really care about. :)

Keet cutting the grass.


Last week there was some work being done on the basement and Cole stood at the window, watching the men work. It was pretty cute, and nice because it entertained him for quite a while.

Doesn't he look so grown up here?

It has been a little cool the past week so we had to get some fall clothes out.

Silly Cole!

2 comments:

david, blair, and sadie beth said...

Cole is such a little Keet! And he did look so grown up in the button down shirt. :)

Kendra & Tobin Kirk said...

Congrats on the pregnancy. I'm looking forward to all our family reunions with 3 little ones the same age.