Thursday, February 5, 2009

A New Home

Yesterday we signed a purchase agreement for a house here in Stromsburg! We weren't planning on buying a house really because of the hit that we took with our house in Kenosha when we sold it in December. However, after exploring other opportunities there really weren't a lot of rental opportunities so we started looked at some of the houses on the market. The particular house that we are in the midst of buying is one that we looked at when we interviewed/visited Stromsburg last July. While we were here that weekend we were shown several different places. Well, at that time the lady who was selling the house wanted quite a bit more than we were willing to pay - and obviously anyone else as well because it went into foreclosure in late fall. She was asking $75,000 and we just bought it for $40,000! What a huge blessing from the Lord! It really is amazing how he has provided.

We went over there today because Keet wanted to check a couple of things out so I brought along my camera and got some pictures. Keet's parents were on google maps last night trying to get a look at it and so a lot of these pictures are for them. :) While we were walking around, particularly outside, I was becoming more and more happy that it was going to be our future home. The house is nice, and will be nice after we fix it up a little, but the yard will really be wonderful! It is so big and I feel like even though we don't have a fence, we will have privacy and it will be a great place for two little boys to run around. I have wanted to have a little garden and now I hope I can!



Here is the living room, although it really isn't the greatest pic; I probably shouldn't go into realty anytime soon. One thing we like about the house is that it has great woodwork!

One corner of the living room with a view of a little room off to the side. I can hear Tim Scott now, "What a great gaming room!" We will be refinishing the floors before we move in.

This is the built in bufett in the dining room - it will be very nice for storage and we think it is pretty too!
,
This is the other side of the dining room. The carpeted room will actually be our bedroom and the door Cole is opening goes into the hallway where the bathroom and other two bedrooms are.

One side of the kitchen.

Another view...

Here is the outside; the windows upstairs are actually an unfinished attic, but we plan on finishing it. We aren't sure into what though. We will figure that out later.

Here is the driveway and garage.

The other side of the house.

A view of the back of the house and the yard.


Another side view with the garage.


Side yard looking onto the street in front of the house.

7 comments:

Kendra & Tobin Kirk said...

I'm so excited for you guys. That looks like a fantastic house-I personally love wood trim and built in's (especially when they don't have 20 layers of paint on them). You could make the attic into a big play room for the boys! Congrats on the house!

Helena and Elise said...

What great news! I cannot believe that you can get that adorable house for $40,000! That is amazing!

Renee said...

Great House! I think it looks alittle like the one here in Kenosha, maybe it's the wood work?

Anonymous said...

I only looked at the pictures of your post...but that little room to the side...that'd make a great game room!

Trisha said...

This house looks wonderful---and what an amazoing price!! I love all of the wood work and built ins too. It is so neat to see how God provided! Maybe all of the moving will put you into labor early! :)

david, blair, and sadie beth said...

Wow you guys! How awesome! We are so excited for you and are praising God for the way He is providing for you all. What a blessing!

Dave and Tami said...

Congratulations! I did not see it on the family blog. I called Margie for your address, and she clued me in. We are very happy for you and glad you will be in for the new baby!