Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Cole Pics

The past couple of weeks have been good ones, although it has been cold. I can say that I am ready for spring. We probably will have to wait a few more months though.

I thought I would post some new pics of Cole. He is 20 months old now - just 4 months until he turns 2. Can't believe it! He has been so good the past few weeks, that Keet and I have almost been amazed. He really obeys well and does most of what we want him to do. There are definitely moments every day when he doesn't want to comply, but he seems to want to please us the majority of the time. We will see if this lasts! I hope it does.

He is getting really good at playing by himself. A couple of pictures show how he amuses himself sometimes, and I think they are kind of funny. Even as I write this he is climbing up onto a chair in the dining room and throwing his play food into the basket where we keep the play food. Over and over... I wonder what goes through his mind sometimes. He seems to be in his own little world, talking and babbling to himself. He isn't really "talking" too much, but more just saying a lot of single words. No phrases yet. I think that will come in time though.

No news on the housing front for us. We actually did hear from the people we are renting from that they are not coming home this summer as they had originally planned. They are missionaries in Taiwan and there are some things they need to take care of this summer at the school where they are dorm parents. So, we could stay where we are for another 15 months, but I don't think we will. There are really just 2 bedrooms in the main living space and neither have enough space for another little body - especially for an extended amount of time. We may stay a bit longer than we had originally planned, but we are still pursuing other options. We will just have to see which works best.




At time he seems to be such a big boy!

I snapped this moments ago - the basket that the play food goes in and an fake egg in his mouth. He was just walking around like this.

Cole has an obsession with coats - he loves to put them on. This was the other evening when we were trying to get him into his pajamas. He decided he wanted to put his coat on.


Watching TV in his coat as if it is just another ordinary day!



This is one of his "I will amuse myself" moments. He climbed on top of this tote with a fake mushroom in his mouth and was playing with his choo choo train. Too funny!

1 comment:

Kendra & Tobin Kirk said...

The picture of him watching tv in his coat is too cute!