Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Indiana and Ohio

Last week we journeyed to Indiana and Ohio to visit with family. Each summer, the Reddens get together in Ohio along the Ohio river. It is always a fun time of catching up with everyone. This was the first major car trip with the boys, so I was a little nervous, but overall it went fairly well. We have realized though that Cole can get very car sick - he tossed his cookies three times. We now know not to let him look at books or watch a movie within 2 hours of eating. Poor little guy. I will say that the journey home was very tiring; Keet and I went to bed at 8:45 Monday night, immediately after the boys went to sleep. I think part of the reason we were so tired is because we had to sleep in the same room as the boys for the last three nights, and Parker is just about the worst sleeper in the world. I think he is teething so he is very restless and wakes up multiple times through out the night. Cole also decided to wake up at 2:30 2 of the 3 nights, so we had to get him back to sleep too. I am very thankful that they have their own rooms at home!


We were able to see my grandparents and my brother and his girlfriend. We are sad that we only get to see them a few times a year. Cole does seem to warm up to them all really well.

Cole was able to sit on my brother's motorcycle - the highlight of his little life so far. :)



While in Indy we went to the zoo. Here Cole is becoming a turtle!

Parker got to experience a this fun contraption and we were able to bring it home with us!

Cole and Elias kept doing this hugging/falling thing. They were pretty funny together. When Cole saw this picture this morning he said, "More Elias?"





Cole and Papa being silly with stickers.

Adeline and Parker with Mimi.

Todd and Trisha with Elias and Adeline.





Here are the four babies born this year on the Redden side.





Parker with Keet's grandma.



The whole family - I think 36!

All the great grandkids - 14! And another one due in September.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Looks like you all had a fun and exhausting time. Whenever I hear my mom friends of little babies talk about not getting sleep it makes me wonder if I can walk down that road again :). I'm sorry we missed you!