Thursday, August 27, 2009

Baby Silas

This past Saturday, my friend Melissa and I traveled to Lincoln for the day to see a friend in the hospital who had delivered 5 weeks early. It was nice because I did not have either Cole or Parker with me; Keet was nice enough to spend the day with them while I got some much needed alone time. I am finding out that spending every day, 24/7 with these two little guys is both rewarding and tiring and that I do need some time away from them. When Cole was a baby, I worked full-time, so I never really wanted to do away from him when I was home because I hardly got to see him. So, with that said, it was nice to get away for several hours.

Little Silas, as I said, was born five weeks early so he was in the NICU. He is actually home now and is doing really well. He struggeled with a little bit of jaundice but I think that is under control. I have a few pictures from our visit with him and his mom, Renate in the hospital. She and her family live on the block right behind us so we have become close to them since we moved to our house in April. They already have three kids so they have their hands full!








He is ready for his jaundice treatment under the lights.

No comments: