






Parker is six months old today! These past six months really have flown by. Parker really has the sweetest little personality and is such a good baby. He entering that "milestone phase" I think. He is sitting up really well now - it's amazing the difference a week can make, He still hunches over sometimes but he is doing really well. He is so on the verge of crawling. Whenever I put him in his crib he just gets up on all fours and rocks himself to the bumper, where he usually falls asleep. When he is on the floor you can tell he wants so badly to move on his own. Cole was crawling by 6 1/2 months so I wouldn't be surprised if Parker does too.
In the sleeping department, things are going OK. For the past three nights we have let him cry it out. He was consistently waking up between 3 and 4am and then I would feed him and he would get up only a couple of hours later. So, hence the crying. It actually hasn't gone too badly. I thought for sure he would cry forever, but I don't think he has. The reason I don't know the exact time is because I put the pillow over my ears so I can't hear. :) But, he has put himself back to sleep and woken up somewhere between 6 and 7:30. He also seems to be taking better naps and nursing better as well. Hopefully he will eventually learn to just sleep instead of waking up and having to cry.
I have started him a little bit on solids the past couple of weeks. He is a good eater. The only thing he doesn't seem to be a fan of is applesauce, but he has eaten some avocado, squash, pears, apples, bananas, and is getting ready to try green beans. We have done a little rice cereal, but not much. I am more just focusing on fruits and vegetables.
On a side note, Cole's one nap a day have been far and few between since the weather has gotten cold. I can't put him down until 2 or 3 in the afternoon if I really want him to take a nap, and even then sometimes he doesn't take one. I guess they have to end some time, don't they? I'm not very excited about that prospect though.
1 comment:
I love the naked baby pictures!
Post a Comment