Last week we got rid of Parker's pacifier - cold turkey. Parker LOVED his pacifier. I am sure you can look through older posts and see many pictures of him with it. If he saw one sitting out he would immediately want it and get it, even if he was doing OK. Which is why I knew I had to get rid of it - because he would do OK if he didn't have it throughout the day when playing. And I knew that I couldn't just let him have it during naps and nighttime because somehow he would get it during the day and then it just would confuse him too much. So, after all of our holiday travels, I decided it would be a good time to do it. It's so nice now that we don't have to worry about where his pacifier is and make sure we always have one.
I have to say that the transition has gone so much better than I ever dreamed. He does want a drink when he goes to bed now and it is hard to get him calmed down sometimes. One night I was not here and so Keet put him to bed and when I cam home, Keet said Parker wanted his red tennis shoes in bed with him. SO, that is what he got. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment