Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Travels

Like the past couple of years, we traveled to Indiana the week before Christmas to spend time with our families and friends. I think this was one of the best trips we have made; I feel like we didn't have as many places to be and we were able to just rest and enjoy some down time. The boys did well with the traveling. Cole does fine for the most part. On the way to Indiana, both boys had about 5-15 minutes of scream time, but that really isn't a lot out of 13 hours. If FEELS like forever when you are in such a confined space, but it isn't.

We did something we have never done before -we drove all night when we made the trip back to Nebraska. It actually went well. Cole slept great - about 7-8 hours straight. Parker did well too, although he was just a little bit more restless. Both the boys were up though by 5am because of a stop we made so we just popped in a movie and we were home by 8am. We took a GREAT afternoon nap that day. :)

Highlights of our trip home for the holidays:
  • Keet and I were able to go out to eat - P.F. Chang's! Delicious.
  • I feel like I go home and do all this shopping. I guess I am set until I come back to Indy again!
  • On one shopping trip, my Mom took me to one of her thrift stores. She had a 50% off coupon. I got 14 pieces of clothis for the boys (almost all name brand) for $13! Less than a dollar a piece!
  • We were able to spend time with my grandparents and Keet's grandpa.
  • My six friends from college and I were all together for the first time in 2.5 years!



Keet and Parker with Great Grandpa Redden; it was the first Christmas without Seraph - we missed her.





Parker spending some quality time with my grandpa. They sat together for a very long time. My grandpa was practically putting Parker to sleep by tickling him.


Reading the Christmas story before we open gifts.


Christmas morning love!


Christmas morning.


Christmas morning.














My college friends and I.


All of our kids, minus two. My boys are a little outnumbered.




The boys with my grandma.


Parker did not care for the snow too much.


We all went outside in the snow one day and made these two snowmen. Cole was pretty funny with the whole thing.


Parker LOVED this little pillow at Keet's parent's house.


Keet got several games from Christmas...a grown up's dream come true. ;)


Cole and Papa enjoying cartoons together; a kid's dream come true, right? :)

1 comment:

Helena and Elise said...

Glad to hear you all had a Merry Christmas! 50% off at a thrift store - sounds like my kind of coupon!