This was actually our Christmas at home in Nebraska. The boys are a bit sleepy here, but they soon got into the swing of things. Annadee pretty much missed the whole present-opening scene by sleeping.
Enjoying their new toys.
Annadee with Great-Grandpa Arthur.
Family Christmas time.
Parker being his usual silly self.
The two youngest cousins meeting one another.
It was so cute how Cole and Adeline got along! :)
These three had so much fun eating together Christmas night.
Christmas day smiles!
Elias and Cole shooting Mimi and Parker.
Mimi and Parker playing "guns" with Elias and Cole.
Annadee meeting great-grandpa Howard for the first time. She was named after Howard's wife, Seraph, who passed away a year-and-a-half ago.
All six grand kids on Keet's side! Boy will they have fun in the coming years. :)
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! As usual, we made the 13-hour trip a few days before Christmas and enjoyed time with family and friends. It's always nice to go back to Indiana for Christmas. The fall is always so buys as church and by the time we leave for Indiana we feel like we have run a marathon and are finally able to rest for a while.
Some highlights of this trip:
- Keet and I went on a date while the boys spent the night at Keet's parents house and Annadee spent the evening with my mom.
- The boys were completely SPOILED with Christmas presents. Oh my, I can't believe how much they got. I guess they are set until their birthdays for sure!
- We were able to introduce Annadee to a lot of my extended family and to some of Keet's. Both of our grandpa's, especially mine, have had some health issues recently so we never know when we will get that dreaded phone call. It was nice that they all got to meet our sweet little girl.
- Even though I wouldn't say the actual driving back and forth across this country is a highlight, I will say that I am so thankful for how well our children do. Of course there are some moments when things get a bit crazy, but overall we make it through without too much stress. I do make Keet get in the back with the kids when I feel like I need a break and drive for a couple of hours. It really helps me get through it all!
No comments:
Post a Comment