Friday, July 13, 2012

Together


I love this picture. I took this at the start of our towns Swedish Festival in June. Because our town is populated with so many Swedes, we have a Swedish Festival every year at midsummer. This year, for some odd reason, I thought we should do the kids parade and so I dressed the boys up as clowns and we went. We were at the very end of the parade because we got there pretty much right before it started and the boys were NOT happy about it. Oh well. I smiled and tried to look amazingly happy while carrying Annadee and threatening encouraging the boys while we walked those 4 very long blocks.

Back to the picture though. I love it because it shows how close these two boys are. Over the past year it has been amazing to see how content they are playing with each other (not that they don't fight) but content in that they aren't looking for someone their own age to play with. If Cole has to leave for some reason whether it's the reading program at the Library, or day camp out at Timberlake, Parker is left feeling quite forsaken and alone. He eventually calms down and does his own thing, but until Cole is at home, Parker is not quite at ease.

Besides playing together, they eat together, sleep together in the same room, swim together, ride bikes together, fight together,  go to the dump together with Daddy, do preschool together, color together, brush their teeth together, pee together (seriously), bathe together - pretty much everything! The also love their sister together and have a whole lot of fun together. It's not always perfect or wonderful, but I love their relationship and am so thankful that God gave them to us and to one another.

My hope and desire for them as their mother is that their affections for one another continue to grow, but that God gives them a deeper affection through the love of Christ. They are best friends now, and my prayer is that they will be best friends in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years and beyond.

No comments: