This fall Cole could have started Kindergarten, but we have know for a few years that we would wait and officially start kindergarten next year, when he is six. He and Keet's birthdays are 4 days apart and Keet was 19 when he graduated high school so we decided that would be the best route to take with Cole, as well as Parker. We actually haven't decided which route to take with his schooling - public, private/Christian or home school It is a huge decision to make and one that I don't really want to make. Can't he just stay little? Does he have to grow up? We would definitely appreciate any prayers on our behalf as we make this decision.
Having said all that, we have embarked on pre K at home this year. I have actually done preschool with him for the past couple of years, so this wasn't anything new. Cole is a great learner. He catches on to things very quickly and is eager to learn, which makes it so easy for me, most of the time. Since August we have been working on Handwriting, Phonics, Math and Science. We do our Bible time at night before bed, so this isn't really a huge part of our school time in the morning. I have been amazed at how fast Cole is learning to read already using our Phonics book. I LOVE IT! It is so easy to use and he enjoys it as well.
While I think homeschooling Cole next year is a possibility, it's been a challenge at times with Parker. He usually is great about joining in with us at different times, but he really struggled when we first started in August with wanting to do EXACTLY what Cole was doing. Well, Parker didn't even know his colors, hardly any letters or numbers in August so he was really on a different level and I couldn't do the exact same thing with him. Thankfully I can say that here, at the end of October Parker has his colors down for the most part, and is starting to make great strides with learning his letters and numbers. AND, he it getting into his own little groove.
I have really enjoyed our school times the past couple of months - not sure how the next few months will go, but I am really just taking one day at a time right now. It's great to be able to spend time with the boys - AND Annadee is still taking a morning nap so that is where she is during this time. Not sure what we will do when she is down to one nap. Guess we will figure that out when we get there!
No comments:
Post a Comment