For a little while we will be renting a house from a couple in the church. They are in Taiwan most of the year and are letting us use their house until the end of May. It is fully furnished, so we did not bring a lot of our stuff with us. We still have our house on the market so all of our furniture is still there; we are hoping the house sells soon so we can start looking for a place of our own.
We have settled in fairly quickly, especially since we did not have to do a lot of unpacking. Cole is doing very well. He seems to have gotten used to being here already. It is VERY quiet here compared to where we were in Kenosha. Our yard here is HUGE - what a fun mowing project for Keet. :)
Keet has started working this week and seems to enjoy it so far. He will be kept pretty busy. I have enjoyed being home with Cole. I think he gets somewhat bored sometimes, so I will need to come up with some creative things to keep him busy. He is a pretty sweet little boy though. He is now leaning forward on his own initiative to kiss us - it is so cute!
Here are some pictures from the last week or so.

A view of part of our yard. Cole is intently watching a big yellow truck across the street.

Here is the house. It looks a lot smaller than it actually is on the inside.

Cole without any pants looking at the truck.

This was just too funny. We didn't have an clean summer pajamas, so we put a white onesie on him with some clean pajama bottoms. I think the shirt is a little small!

Mom came to see us right be fore we left. She also took Duke away (tear, tear).

Us packing our little trailer - I guess Tim and Keet really packed it.

Renee and Cole hanging out - Cole is wearing a pirate's cap.

Here is Cole playing with some homemade playdough. He seems to enjoy it for about 5 minutes and that is it.

Another attempt at amusing him. These are some different kinds of beans. He did play very seriously with them for about 20 minutes, stiring and "cooking" with them.
2 comments:
I'm glad to hear you all are settling. Want a nice house. We miss you all very much!
I am glad you guys are settling in and Cole in enjoying the big yard. Keep us updated on how things are going.
Post a Comment