Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cole at almost 19 months

Cole will be 19 months on the 21st of this month. He seems to be growing up more and more each day. I think we have entered a new phase of tantrums, unfortunately. Friday and Saturday were particularly challenging in that we had several screaming fits - mainly when he doesn't get his own way. So, we are trying to figure out this whole discipline thing. It's hard to be firm and not give in sometimes but we know that it will be for his own good if we stick with rules.

On the whole though, Cole is a fun little guy to be with. He tries to say a new word each day - mainly copying us when we say something that he has heard a lot. He LOVES books, almost to the point where it gets a bit tiresome. He comes to us all the time with books to read and sometimes would be happy to read the same one over and over. We are happy that he likes to read though and want to encourage him in it. Just the past couple of days we have been asking him to identify animals in some of his books and do does a really good job of it. He can identify and owl, fish, bird, monkey, cougar, ostrich and of course some of the more normal farm animals like cows, pigs, roosters, etc. He is starting to say them on his own when looking at them too.

Cole also loves to wrestle with Daddy. They spend some time every evening on the floor together. Cole can get pretty rough with Keet- I'm just glad it is him and not me!

Cole had a Christmas cookie last night before bed after his bath. He ran over to his chair so he could eat it. :)

I gave in and gave him one kiss. He REALLY loved that.





Here Cole is with a bear from our friends, the Scotts and in particular, Hannah, in Kenosha.



This outfit was actually my brother's when he was this age. Unfortunately, I think this was the only time Cole will be able to wear it as it is a little short.

Thankfully, Cole loves his gloves. It is funny because he will want to wear them in the house. He also wants his coat on sometimes. I guess it is good because it can get really cold here - only 9 degrees today!

2 comments:

Renee said...

"I'm glad your daddy gave you my bear." Love Hannah

Funny thing...Hannah got that bear while she was staying over night at Kenosha Hospital (the same day Cole was born)! In fact we ran into the Morrow's in the parking garage, they were comming to visit you guys :)

The Pusateri's said...

Now you know why I was asking you about tantrums a couple months ago- I forget he's a few months younger than Chloe but now you know why I was going crazy!!! It's strange having such a little thing try to over power you isn't it? Hope the pregnancy is going well and you guys have a great Christmas!