The last couple of weeks have been somewhat uneventful for the Reddens. After New Year's week we got back into a regular routine. My job at the salon I was working at ended before Christmas so I am now home every day again. I had fun working there a couple days a week but it is nice to be home all the time again and not have to worry about childcare for Cole - even it if is for one day a week.
One new project I have undertaken is to try and see if Cole is ready to be potty trained. I started last week, and it wasn't too bad. Cole did end up going #1 and #2 a few times, but he never really initiated actually getting on the toilet. I knew it would be a lot of work, but I have to say, I never knew how much it could really be. We took a break over the weekend because he came down with a cold and I couldn't see sitting him on a toilet for minutes at a time when he didn't feel very good. We will see how the next few weeks go - I guess if he seems to get it down even a little bit before the baby comes I will be happy, because it takes a lot of time.
Since we sold our house during Christmas, we have really started thinking about where we are going to settle here in Stromsburg. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of options for either renting or buying. We also don't know which route to take. There seem to be pros and cons with both - we would appreciate your prayers for wisdom in this area. We know the Lord has a specific home for us - it is just a matter of Him revealing it. It seems like almost immediately after we closed on the sale of our home, I was just itching to move and settle into a house of our own. I think it has to do with the fact that the baby is due in April and I am really wanting to nest. I just need a house to nest in!
Speaking of nesting, I am almost 26 weeks along, so I am definitely feeling very pregnant. Someone told me today that I was much bigger than their daughter-in-law who is basically due a few days before me. Don't worry, I didn't take it as an insult at all. This is her first pregnancy and my second, so I KNOW and FEEL how much bigger I am this time around. I was told so much the first time how little I was so I really don't mind actually looking pregnant longer this time.
Other than those little tidbits, there is not too much going on with us. We are learning to brave a cold Nebraska winter (50 mph winds came through this afternoon dropping the mercury 20 degrees), making longer treks (50 minutes) to really "get out" of Stromsburg, and having fun with Cole.
I don't have any pictures to post - sorry! I will maybe this Thursday when we get another ultrasound. Hopefully this time we will definitely know if we are having a boy or a girl. So, you will be hearing from me again this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment