Keet and Cole did get some swimming time in our second day there before the cold front came in. Keet definitely gets the DAD of the YEAR prize for braving the 67 degree water. It didn't seem to phase Cole, but it took Keet a few hours to warm up from the frigid water. The rest of us just sat there and watched Cole and Keet; I wasn't about to get in that cold water.
Keet's grandmother Nelda lives 10 minutes from the condo we were in (thanks to Keet's aunt for letting us use it!) and we had not seen here since Cole was a few months old. So, it was nice to introduce Parker to them and let them see how Cole has grown up.
I must say, Cole and his Papa are BEST BUDS to the core. Especially after Papa treated Cole to some of his favorite characters from the CARS movie. I guess since we only get to see them a few times a year spoiling is definitely a part of visits. They played together non-stop and Papa even got Cole ready for bed one night. It was quite amusing to hear Cole tell him what he wanted and see Papa do it. :) Cole did enjoy playing with Mimi too - he soon realized that she plays with cars and trucks just as well and they enjoyed time together while Papa was recovering from all the activity. ;)
The flights down and back went really well for the most part. Keet said he was more stressed out than he had been in a long time. And it is stressful getting through the airport and security, on the plane and off the plane with two little ones. But the boys did a great job, especially on the way down. On the way back I don't think they were very excited to be getting on the planes again. Thankfully Parker slept on the first plane back and Cole slept on the second plane back. Keet and I made a decision however that the next vacation we go on, will be without the kids. Maybe something for our 10th anniversary in a couple of years?

Yes, my face is first. It never gets on this blog so I decided to put it on! :)

Swimming in the COLD pool.


Keet with a ladies' hat on because of no sunglasses. He he he.



Cole got quite car sick on one of our excursions. He was so pale after losing it about 3 times. It took him a while but he did start feeling better. Margie was amazed at how calm I was; I guess you can't get upset about things that are out of your control!

I took this picture because one day we went to a park near the water and it was so cold and windy that we basically put on everything we could. Thankfully Steve and Margie came prepared or we wouldn't have made it.

Parker with Hugh. This is his signature hand wave of saying "Hi" when he likes someone. It is pretty cute.

Us with Keet' grandparents.

My cousin's "little" girl. Her daddy is quite tall and I think Chloe is taking after him. She is only three months older than Cole. They had SUCH a fun time playing together at my grandma's. It was really cute. They hit it off right away.

My cousin's other child, Brennan. He and Parker are just a few weeks apart.

Both kids with great-grandma.

Cole taking a nap on our last flight. It definitely helped only having to deal with one kid at a time.
2 comments:
We went to Florida last May and it was unseasonably cold - it is hard to not be disappointed! Wes and I are planning a no kids get away for our 10th anniversary as well.
We are going to Ireland in May and I am hoping that Wyatt will be pretty good for his first plane ride...8 hr plane ride! We are leaving at night so I'm hoping maybe he'll sleep. Looks like you guys had fun though...
Post a Comment