Monday, May 17, 2010

May Travels

Last Friday, we made a very impromptu visit to Indiana. We are actually still in Indiana for Keet's grandmother's funeral. Keet's grandmother, Seraph, was sick for the past month, in and out, but mostly in , the hospital. She even had surgery a couple of weeks ago to help with her breathing issues, but her congestive heart failure was just too much for her to deal with. We received a call Thursday night from Keet's mom saying she wasn't doing too well. Keet said goodbye to her on the phone since they did not expect her to live through the night. We began talking about going home on Saturday. Friday morning, Seraph was still alive and I was already mostly packed for our trip, so we decided to leave after lunch and drive the 12 hours home to try and see her in person. Unfortunately, we were about 2 hours away when she passed away.

It has been a sad, and happy few days. Happy, because we are getting to see family, and we even celebrated Cole's birthday (he will be three on Friday) with family last night. Sad, of course because a funeral is being planned for one of the sweetest people I have ever known. In some ways, I feel like my own grandmother has died. First, I have known Keet's family now for 14 years and everyone has always been welcoming and wonderful to me. I talked a lot with Seraph on the phone at times - she was such a sweet person and she also had a lot of spunk! The hardest part for me is that I really was never able to talk to her throughout her last month. She had so much going on and I never took the opportunity to tell her how much I appreciated her and loved her. Trips to Indiana and family gatherings will not be the same. But, now she is done suffering and is with the Lord. I am thankful for that.

I will post some pictures soon of everything. Just wanted to give a quick update.

No comments: