Thursday, April 22, 2010

Birthday Boy!

Parker turned 1 last Friday, the 16th! We really didn't have a party for him (insert shocking gasps); it's hard without any grandparents and family nearby. BUT, we still had a fun little evening planned for him. A friend and her three girls came over to have cupcakes with us. While Parker "ate" his cake, we skyped with all the grandparents. That definitely helped and made it feel more like a family affair. Parker didn't really even taste the cake, he was so slow and piddly about his icing that we moved on the the presents. It's funny because he had three presents to open, two of them from people in our church! I guess they know that they have to be our boys' stand-in grandparents for these occasions.

It seems like I have seen small little changes in the past week since he turned one. He seems to be more playful and he even threw a small temper tantrum today when he thought I wouldn't let him go outside. Can this really be my sweet little Parker? I guess my little baby is gone, although he won't have anything to do with cold milk in a sippy cup (only his warm formula or milk in a bottle will do), and I now have another toddler on my hands.






Licking his birthday cake batter.

Being silly.



The Birthday Boy!



Cole, my little sweet tooth, decided to eat a piece of the candle convinced it was part of the cake. Oh my, Cole.







Enjoying one of this new toys.

Parker touches his head all the time while he is eating; this time he put a cooked apple on his head!

1 comment:

Helena and Elise said...

Happy Birthday Parker! What a cutie! Time flies.