Recently I have felt somewhat overwhelmed. I think it always gets like this once the newest baby reaches that 6 month mark. They all of a sudden aren't sleeping as much as they once were and seem to want more and more attention. That attention takes time, and I have to continually remind myself that one day, I won't have that time back so I better make the best use of it now. I really have to remind myself of that when it comes to spending quality time with the boys.
Often you read of how if you walk into a mom's house and it is spotless, you know that they spend much more time cleaning then being with there children, but how it should be opposite, because the cleaning and chores will still be there later, but the children won't. And while I agree with that, I also know that I still have to cook, I still need to clean, and do a hundred other things to keep my house functioning and keep me sane! So, obviously, there has to be a balance, and many days are spent trying to find that right balance.
My ultimate prayer is that I won't have regret at the end of each day. Only the Lord can help me achieve that goal.
No comments:
Post a Comment