





So, we have been parenting a newborn for two weeks now. In some ways, it feels much longer, but overall, things have been going fairly well. The first few nights here at home were a little trying as Parker had his days and nights completely mixed up. Keet and I were averaging 2-4 hours of sleep each night. Parker's fourth night home was completely different as he slept the whole night with the exception of two feedings. Each night since then as been pretty good, some better than others but at least we are able to sleep for 2 to 3 hours at a time.
I do have to say that nursing is not my favorite thing, particularly in the beginning. I struggled with Cole and I have had my struggles with Parker. Let's just say I am OVER abundantly blessed and it is a little overwhelming for Parker to keep up with. I think we have gotten over the worst part though and hopefully we will settle into a good routine during the next few weeks.
Paker is a such a sweetie. Whereas Cole would get very frustrated in certain situations, Parker has a lot more patience. He has had some fussy moments, but not very many at all.
Cole has done amazingly well with Parker. We were a little worried that he would resent all the attention diverted to Parker, but he seems to love Parker just as much as we do. He is always kissing his head and wants to make sure he is OK. Considering he was the center of our lives beforehand, he has done really well with all the changes. Of course, we were very blessed to have my mom here for about 9 days. She helped out with so much, especially holding Parker when we needed free hands, playing with Cole outside, cooking, doing laundry and even some yard work for us! Thanks, Mom!
As far as Parker looking a lot like Cole, he definitely has some similarities. A lot of people have said that they think Parker looks more like me. I can never tell. To me Cole looks like Cole, while everyone thinks he looks like Keet. I just can't see it but maybe that is because I am his mother and Cole and Keet are two completely different people to me. Parker does have different eyes, and maybe a different mouth too. He has a rounder face, which probably does come from me. It will be fun to see what he looks like in several months when he doesn't look like a newborn anymore.
Tomorrow we have Parker's two week appointment. Keet and I are making guesses about how much he will weigh. I have a feeling he is going to put the pounds on a bit faster than Cole.
1 comment:
Did Cole get a buzz?? He looks soo grown-up! I do think Parker has more of your features, but as he grows he'll no longer be compared to anyone but himself.
Post a Comment