Friday, April 3, 2009

House

We are finally moved into our new house! Monday was our last night in the house we have been renting. We are getting through all the boxes and starting to get things organized. I feel like we have a long way to go though and I keep asking myself why we need all this stuff! Cole seems to be doing OK with the transition; Wednesday he just wanted to be held by me all day though so I know it has been a little hard on him. He seems to be doing better each day though.

I have some picture here of before and after of some of the rooms. Please try and ignore the mess and the fact that I have no idea how to take a good picture of a room! :)



Above: Part of the living room before...
Below: Part of the living room after...(we haven't done anything to the little room yet except for the floors - we plan on painting it the same color as the living room when we get time.)


Our bedroom now - I guess I didn't get a before pictures. It was just all the same color - the trim color actually.



Above: the living rooms walls after we had taken the old vinyl wallpaper off.
Below: the living room after patching, sanding and painting the walls.



Above: nursery before
Below: nursery after 2 different colors of paint. The second one worked!



Above: kitchen before
Below: kitchen after painting the paneling white and the walls yellow, or "butter".



Same as before...


We didn't do much to Cole's room because we plan on painting and decorating it when we move him into a twin bed, which won't be for a little while yet, so that is why I don't have any pictures right now. We also ran out of time with painting the dining room, so when we get that done, I will put pictures up then.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Your house looks beautiful! Job well done! Can't wait to visit you guys this summer!