Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Happenings

What a fun couple of weeks it has been! All the excitement with Butler making it through the Sweet Sixteen and Elite 8, Final Four and now the Championship game is almost too much to believe! I am very excited though for my Alma mater and will be rooting for Butler tonight. I probably shouldn't say this, but I think they have a tough, tough rival tonight with Duke, but you can never count anyone out, can you?

Other than Butler basketball, we had some fun this weekend with Easter, and last week I finally got my first garden tilled up. I can't wait to get out there and start planting some vegetable! I have my tomato plants started and they are already coming up nicely. I did plan some lettuce last week since they like the cool spring weather; I still have plenty of seeds to plant every two weeks for a while so we can have lettuce for a while. Can't wait to have my first salad with my own lettuce. I also plan to plant some green beans, zucchini, peas, and maybe some pumpkins; although I know that they tend to take over so maybe just a few seeds instead of the whole packet.

We didn't do too much for Easter. There was an Easter Egg Hunt downtown on the square, so we took the boys to that on Saturday. Cole had fun picking up some eggs, and even threw one back down on the ground saying, "This one is dirty!" Oh, Cole! You are too much sometime. For Easter dinner I fixed a leg of lamb that someone in the church brought us. It was very good; tasted just like a roast to me. Keet thought it tasted a little like deer. Even though we miss being away from family on holidays, it was nice to just relax the whole day, especially for Keet who didn't have anything going on in the evening.



Parker has some great expressions sometimes!

They are all so cute when they are asleep.

Walking the boys to the easter egg hunt; notice Cole is playing with a car on his tray!

I looked down and saw Parker "lounging" in the stroller. He is so funny sometimes. He was doing this in the grocery cart the other day too.

The easter egg hunt was for 2 -6 years old, but Parker just had to have this egg right here. I don't think anyone cared.

"It's mine now!"









Before the game on Saturday night. Aren't my boys so handsome?

It's next to impossible to get Parker to sit still to take a picture these days, so I was on the run trying to get them in their matching Easter shirts.

Parker thought it was a game. (Notice our UGLY kitchen floor...hopefully within the next month or two we will have brand new flooring! Just have to wait for Keet to get some time.)

1 comment:

Helena and Elise said...

The boys look adorable, and you look so pretty, too! I'm impressed by your gardening - will look forward to pix of your crop.