Monday, April 5, 2010

Homemade

A couple of months ago I found a recipe for homemade fabric softener. I thought I would give it a try and amazingly it has worked great! AND, it costs so much less and has no toxic ingredients in it, so it is safe for us and for the environment too. My mom and mother-in-law have been asking for the recipe and I keep forgetting to email it, so I thought I would share it with everyone. I found the recipe here: homemade laundry detergent.

After that, I knew that I had heard of a simple and cheap dishwasher soap, so I googled that and came up with this recipe:

1 T of Super Washing Soda
1 T of Borax

I have used this now for a couple of weeks and it works great, and is SUPER cheap as well. What I did was mix equal parts in a container and then just fill my dispenser up with 2T of the mixture. I also put some white vinegar in the rinsing dispense and I have not had any spots or problems. Now, I do have to say that my friend tried this and it worked horribly for her, but I know a couple of other people who use it and and have had no problems at all.

I am now on the search for homemade laundry detergent and I came across this website with 10 different recipes. I will be trying one of these recipes after I use up all my current laundry detergent. Here is the website: tipnut. It looks like it has a lot of great housekeeping tips; I am excited to look at it more thoroughly some time.

No comments: