Monday, March 2, 2009

March Already?!?

I can't believe March is here already! We have a lot going on this month in the Redden household. We are scheduled to close on our house next Thursday (March 12th). Our plan is to try to be in the house by April 1st; hopefully this is a realistic goal. The one thing that could hold us up is refinishing the hardwood floors in the main living areas. Keet is planning on doing them by himself; he has never done this before so it will be quite an adventure. We also are going to try and paint the majority of the house before we move everything in. The only rooms we aren't planning on painting are Cole's room and the bathroom. I need to figure out exactly what I want these rooms to look like before we put paint on the walls.

I will be 33 weeks this coming Thursday, so I officially have a little over 7 weeks left! That number seems so small, especially considering Cole came 2 weeks early. We are definitely going to be cutting it close with getting settled in the house BEFORE baby #2 comes. In some ways I would welcome another early delivery, but part of me also would like this baby to come closer to our actual due date.

I have a few pictures below of Cole. He has become absolutely consumed with all things TRUCKS! (I know this would make my uncle particularly happy as he was somewhat appalled that Cole received a play kitchen for Christmas. :) ) Cole's newest thing is to go into our bedroom with several vehicles and play with them on our bed. He moves them around and around - sometimes for 30-45 minutes at a time! He also loves pushing his big trucks around the house and sitting on all of them, even if they are a bit too small to sit on. He points out all the trucks in books, points out trucks on the road, points out trucks everywhere! I think it is a good thing we have accumulated quite a few trucks for him. :)



I tried to get a picture of him in his Sunday best, but he didn't want to cooperate. I think this picture is funny though, "Mom, I don't want my picture taken!"


We experimented with finger paint for the first time last Friday evening. He seemed to enjoy it. The part he enjoyed most was me putting the paint on the paper.

For most of the time, he would only use his pointer fingers; I finally had to take his hand in mine and put all of his fingers in the paint. I have a video below of him while he is playing with the paint.



Truck!

Cuddling with daddy in the morning.

Cuddling with daddy again! Do you think they look alike?

1 comment:

Helena and Elise said...

The video is too cute! I kept waiting for him to put that finger in his mouth, but he didn't.