Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mini Update

Well, we closed last week on the house. Pretty much since then Keet has been one busy man. This past weekend was the only opportunity he was going to have to sand the wood floors, so he got right down to work and got done with that process Saturday morning. Thankfully one of our friends helped him for a couple of hours on Thursday and about 10 hours on Friday, otherwise, they wouldn't have gotten sanded that quickly and Keet would have been majorly stressed! Thanks, Dan! Then he had the fun job of cleanup (we are wondering if our vacuum is ruined because of all the dust). He was able to finish staining the floors (with my help - oops) on Sunday. The last step he has is to put three coats of poly on. Unfortunately, he hasn't had a chance to work on the floors and won't until Thursday. It will be a long process but we are hoping he is done by some time this weekend. They look sooooo good right now though with just the stain on. We weren't sure how they would turn out but they really look nice. I can't wait to see the finished look.

We have 2 rooms painted thanks to Nelda, a lady in our church. I am actually in a Bible study with her and she was so nice to offer to help us paint. Our bedroom is painted and turned out really well. The other room she is working on is the nursery, and we are having major issues. I think part of the problem is that the rooms is smaller and doesn't have any direct sunlight, so the color I picked out, which you would never guess would cause issues, looks absolutely awful. It's like walking into a neon room of sea foam mint mist...almost blinding. We are trying to figure out how we can tone it down. Obviously once we get some blinds up in the room and some furniture in, that should help, but it may not be enough.

I had a doctor's appointment today and everything seems to be going well. I will be 35 weeks on Thursday; Cole came at 38 weeks and we are really praying that this little boy doesn't come that early. We will be moving into the house when I am around 37 weeks so I would love to get a little bit settled. We are hoping he comes some time between 38 and 39 weeks because my doctor will be gone my last week and we would all like for him to deliver me. Just so you know, he is the only doctor here, so it's either him or a PA and I would really prefer the doctor.

Anyway, it has been a crazy few days and I don't think it is going to get much better anytime soon. I will try to post some pictures once we get certain things finished so you can see the progress we are making.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Looks like prayers are in order :) Wish we were able to help you guys out with things...